Get Ready To #BYOVote
Key voting dates in IL:
10/6/2020 Voter Registration deadline (mail)
10/18/2020 Voter Registration deadline (online)
10/19/2020 - 11/02/2020: Early Voting dates
10/29/2020 Absentee Ballot Request Deadline
11/03/2020 Election Day
If you want to vote-by-mail, here are a few links to the request the ballot:
Electoral College Votes: 20
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) reports that voting by mail is the safest way to vote during the COVID-19 pandemic; However, some states are requiring voters provide and excuses if they wish to vote by mail instead of voting at their polling place (IL is not a state requiring a reason for a vote-by-mail ballot).
In-Person Voting, Early Voting, & Registration Info.
- Every voter is encouraged to wear a facemask that covers the mouth and nose, whether visiting to use Early Voting or to use a Secured Drop Box.
- Voters in line must practice social distancing with 6 feet (2 meters) of space between persons in line.
- For the Nov. 3 General Election, Chicago voters may use any Early Voting & Registration location in the city from Oct. 14 through Nov. 3. Voters may use any Early Voting location.
- Any ballots that voters cast in Early Voting are final. After casting ballots in Early Voting, voters may not return to amend, change or undo a ballot for any reason. It is a felony to vote more than once -- or to attempt to vote more than once -- in the same election.
- Government-issued photo ID is not required but is helpful if there is a question about the voter's registration, address, signature or if there are two voters at the same address with the same names or similar names.
- Registration services are available at every Early Voting site. Two forms of ID, one of which shows the voter's current address, are needed to register for the first time or to file a name change or an address update.