Annual Lunch 2020 - 2021
New Date: Saturday, February 13, 2021
Location: Sarasota Yacht Club or virtual, as circumstances permit
Theme: "Climate change is a woman's issue"
Tickets: EARLY BIRD PRICES AVAILABLE NOW
EARLY BIRD PRICES
Single tickets: $45 member, $50 non-member
Table of 8: $325 member, $365 non-member
Fall Lunch 2019-2020
FALL LUNCH A SUCCESS
Two hundred guests attended our
"Invitation to Activism," this year's annual Fall Lunch.
We learned about the valuable work of UN Women in 90 countries with more than a $300 million annual budget. We recognized the work of local Champions of Gender Equality, such as the Women's Sports Museum, United Nations Association and men who support HeForShe.
Thank you to Manatee Educational Television, and to Charles Clapsaddle and his team, for filming our event. Click below to view.
2018-2019 Fall Lunch
A warm thank you to all who attended "Finding Our Voices", where we heard inspiring words from Dr. Tracy Collins, Dr. Mona Jain, and Dr. Anila Jain. We discussed gender equality as a basic human right - a right which unleashes the potential of half the population, and we explored language to use when confronted with inappropriate comments.
Thanks to generous members and guests, our raffle, auction, and donations exceeded our expectations and doubled proceeds from last year. All funds go to support valuable UN Women programs.
- When women have more control over family resources and are more educated, spending patterns benefit communities and children.
- When women are included in peace processes, there is a 35% increase in a peace lasting at least 15 years.
- When there are three or more women in senior management roles, the organization scores higher in ALL dimensions of organizational effectiveness.
- And in Fortune 500 companies, those businesses with the greatest representation of women in management positions delivered a 34% higher return to shareholdersthan companies for companies with the lowest representation of women.
- UN Women is THE global agency that provides that powerful voice about gender equity throughout the world, working with governments to change employment laws, providing training to involve women in peace processes, and working with cities to increase safety.
Watch a wonderful video of our event below: