Upcoming Fall Lunch 2019-2020
Date: Saturday, October 26, 2019
Time: 11 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Place: Michael’s on East, Sarasota
GCC Members: $50 per ticket; $350 for a table of eight.
GCC Guests (non-members): $50 per ticket; $400 for a table of eight.
PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TICKET IN ADVANCE.
To save the processing fees, or for a donation, mail us a check payable to: UN Women USA/GCC
Mail to: Susann Chalhub, 13306 Lost Key Place, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
Click below to purchase tickets with a credit or debit card:
Can't Attend the Lunch? Want to do More? Donate Here!
An Invitation to Activism Championing Gender Equality
The time is now to advocate for gender equality.
How do we make that happen? Start by attending our Gulf Coast Chapter Fall Lunch, “An Invitation to Activism/Championing Gender Equality.”
Campaigns for gender equality have made fantastic progress! Join us this October to pay homage to those who fought in the Suffrage Movement, helping secure the vote for women, as well as to recognize some modern-day Champions of Gender Equality.
And, more importantly, join us to see what you can do, right here, right now, to advance gender equality and make society better for everyone. Because we’re far from done, and because gender equality is not just a women’s issue, it’s a human issue.
Right now, the movement toward gender equality is a global movement. Cultural shifts and public policy in the U.S. have an impact on gender equality around the world. So while we work to support the programs of UN Women, we know that advancing gender equality right here in the US helps us do that.
Invite your friends. Invite the men in your life. Be prepared to laugh, engage and share your own ideas – and to leave with some valuable tools.
2018-2019 Fall Lunch was a great success!
A warm thank you to all who attended "Finding Our Voices", where we heard inspiring words from Dr. Tracy Collins, Dr. Mona Jain, and Dr. Anila Jain. We discussed gender equality as a basic human right - a right which unleashes the potential of half the population, and we explored language to use when confronted with inappropriate comments.
Thanks to generous members and guests, our raffle, auction, and donations exceeded our expectations and doubled proceeds from last year. All funds go to support valuable UN Women programs.
- When women have more control over family resources and are more educated, spending patterns benefit communities and children.
- When women are included in peace processes, there is a 35% increase in a peace lasting at least 15 years.
- When there are three or more women in senior management roles, the organization scores higher in ALL dimensions of organizational effectiveness.
- And in Fortune 500 companies, those businesses with the greatest representation of women in management positions delivered a 34% higher return to shareholdersthan companies for companies with the lowest representation of women.
- UN Women is THE global agency that provides that powerful voice about gender equity throughout the world, working with governments to change employment laws, providing training to involve women in peace processes, and working with cities to increase safety.
Watch a wonderful video of our event below: