UN Women USA
The U.S. National Committee for UN Women (UN Women USA) is an independent non-profit, 501c3 organization that raises funds in the US to support UN Women programs. These projects promote social, political, and economic equality for women and girls spanning 100 countries around the globe.
The Individual Giving Manager will be responsible for helping UN Women USA and its chapters implement and grow the Individual Giving program with a focus on acquisition and retention of one-off and recurring donors.
- Increase income generated from Individual Giving fundraising activities, and direct response fundraising activities in particular;
- Create and manage fundraising campaigns and activities to acquire new individual givers, especially recurring donors;
- Create and manage donor stewardship activities to retain the organization’s growing individual donor file;
- Create and manage fundraising campaigns to upgrade the value of existing donors, and to reactivate lapsed donors;
- Test, monitor, evaluate, and implement existing and new Individual Giving channels, and digital direct response recruitment techniques in particular;
- Ensure that all activities and relationships are tracked consistently through the effective use of the CRM and analytics software;
- Develop long term sustainable income by identifying the Individual Giving audiences, channels, and messages that will maximize effectiveness;
- Develop high quality donor care activities, including the responsive and prompt saving of recurring donors who stop paying;
- Maximize the Individual Giver’s journey to establish a lengthy relationship that drives long-term value;
- Manage the Individual Giving budget in line with objectives and KPIs, reporting to the Executive Director;
- Provide timely and informative reports on progress being made against KPIs and income targets; and
- Keep current in developments in the Individual Giving trends.
Experience and Knowledge
- A university degree in Fundraising, Marketing or related field is preferred;
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in a direct marketing or fundraising role;
- Experience in using a CRM database to log and analyze data accurately;
- A solid understanding of metrics, analysis, and effective Individual Giving best practices;
- Demonstrated experience executing successful fundraising campaigns with tracked ROI;
- Experience in developing new channels of engagement and in particular with digital fundraising;
- The ability to be results-driven and deadline oriented with follow through on timelines;
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a high attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with staff and volunteers;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of and interest in the work and mission of UN Women; and
- Strong commitment to global gender equality.
Office is located in Washington, DC, but remote work is possible.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.