When you become a member of UN Women USA (UN Women USA), you join a dynamic local community of advocates for women and girls. Local chapters play a vital and dynamic role within UN Women USA. Chapters are the voice for UN Women USA across the United States, establishing events that engage their respective communities and providing key financial support to UN Women and UN Women USA. Find out where our chapters are here. Joining is simple! Just select a membership option below and decide if you’d prefer to give monthly or annually. Select your local chapter - if there is no chapter near you, you can join as a virtual member or start your own!
Benefits of Membership
In addition to giving support that will sustain UN Women programs, members can:
- Stay in the know with regular emails from UN Women USA and your local chapter. We’ll keep you updated on the latest news from UN Women and the work of our chapters here in the US.
- Receive an invitation to our national conference. The Conference and Membership meeting takes place over a weekend in early summer and is a forum for global women’s issues. Whether the topic is improving maternal health in Chicago or developing strategies to end violence against women in Raleigh, this event offers the chance for UN Women USA members to connect with local communities and inspire action beyond the conference.
- Participate in major events like the Walks to End Violence Against Women that highlight the issue of gender-based violence and UN Women’s programs to stop violence and empower women. The walks are a nationally-coordinated event with each chapter providing its own flavor.
- Attend local chapter events.
Virtual Membership Option
You can also join us as a Virtual Member - this is a great option if you don’t have a chapter nearby or prefer to use online channels to stay involved. Virtual Members receive all of the benefits above, but will also have the option to get involved in significant ways online, which is critical to raising awareness about the need for programs that support women and girls. As a Virtual Member, you can:
- Meet and share with other Virtual Members through a special Facebook group.
- Participate in a simple social media actions, such as sharing content relevant to UN Women efforts, that will help raise awareness around the challenges faced by women and girls and the work of UN Women USA.
- Join regular Twitter chats coordinated by UN Women USA and Virtual Members to discuss the latest issues and news affecting women and girls worldwide.
- Meet other Virtual Members in person at our annual Conference and Membership Meeting.
To join the UN Women USA Virtual Chapter, all you need to do is select that affiliation in the sign up form and we’ll be in touch with instructions on how to get started!